[U-Boot] U-boot & x86 & coreboot

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Wed Jul 17 17:42:31 CEST 2013

Hi Rossier,

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Rossier Daniel
<Daniel.Rossier at heig-vd.ch>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to run U-boot on x86 emulated QEMU-based environment. I found
> some info regarding coreboot + U-boot integration, using U-boot as payload,
> etc. but I was unable to start U-boot.
> I'm using the 32-bits i686-pc-linux-gnu toolchain and I successfully
> cross-compiled coreboot and started it on qemu-system-i386.
> I also configured coreboot to use u-boot (ELF) as payload, but coreboot
> performs a reset when U-boot should show up after loading.
> Where could I have some information regarding that?

There are post codes generated in x86 U-Boot which might help with
diagnosing this. I have not tried this on QEMU. But I suppose in that
environment it might be possible to watch execution and see where it is
going wrong.

> Furthermore, I'm unable to debug anything remotely with gdb; gdb cannot
> disassemble once connected via "target remote localhost:1234".

Do you mean it cannot find the source files?

Regards,
Simon