[U-Boot] [U-boot] failed to boot an compressed u-boot.bin

TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn
Thu Jul 18 03:32:33 CEST 2013

Hi, Albert:
The DRAM address map is : 0 --- 0x1000 0000 (256MB) on my ARM
development board.

I configured "CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE = 0x03F80000" in config.mk  when
compiling u-boot source code.

The self-uncompressed code also put the uncompressed image at 0x03F80000

Best wishes,
>On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 19:53:10 +0800, <TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn> wrote:

> Hi, experts:
> Sorry!
> Not self-compressed, it is self-uncompressed !
> I tried to add a self-uncompressed header in u-boot.bin on a Cortex-A9
> single core platform.
> Then, i tried to boot it.
> But failed in board_init_f() function.
>
> Has anybody tried to boot a self-uncompressed u-boot.bin ?
> Best wishes,

IIUC, you then load that "header + u-boot.bin" in memory and it
decompresses itself. At what address does it place the uncompressed
load?

Amicalement,
--
Albert.