[U-Boot] [U-boot] failed to boot an compressed u-boot.bin

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jul 18 10:08:13 CEST 2013

Dear TigerLiu at viatech.com.cn,

please stop top posting / full quoting.

In message <FE7ADED5C2218B4786C09CD97DC4C49F99D576 at exchbj02.viatech.com.bj> you wrote:

> My code base is based on u-boot-2013.04 .
> I followed board\samsung\smdkc100\config.mk , and put it into my board
> related directory.

You managed toi find a really bad example of code.  This should not be
used.  Today, CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE should be defined in the board
config file instead. The use of board specific confog.mk files is
strongly deprecated.

Minkyu Kang, could you please clean this up as soon as possible?
Thanks!

> About SPL approach:
> Did you suggest I put decompressed algorithm code into SPL code instead
> of adding a self-uncompressed header?

Yes, that would be the U-Boot way to implement it. It allows you to
reusse existing code instead of adding new methods.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."
- Marvin the paranoid android