[U-Boot] When will the ARMv8 bootloader be released?

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Fri Jul 19 14:20:58 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 04:06:52PM +0800, Zhang Heron wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone know about the complete bootloader of ARMv8 architecture SOC?
> APM had developed a SOC and a real development board with ARMv8 CPU, with
> Fedora running on it(Search the words "fedora run on armv8" on YouTube).
> What I'm concerend about is, when will the ARMv8 uboot be released ? Does
> any one know about that?

ARM Ltd has decided to back uEFI as their recommended bootloader for
ARMv8, and some level of sources are available in the tree that Linaro
maintains.  For U-Boot, I've had at least one inquiry about having
aarch64 for U-boot and wanting to contribute the port, so something
should happen, sooner rather than later.  The biggest hurdle is that I
believe none of the emulators/etc are available for no-cost use, but I
could be mistaken.

--
Tom