[U-Boot] i.MX28 AUTO_RESTART, watchdog, battery and poweroff

Hector Palacios hector.palacios at digi.com
Wed Jul 24 12:53:31 CEST 2013

Greetings,

I'm not sure I understand the function mxs_power_clear_auto_restart() in spl_power_init.c

The name of the function seems to indicate that its purpose is to *clear* the
AUTO_RESTART bit, but it is actually setting it:

	setbits_le32(&rtc_regs->hw_rtc_persistent0,
			RTC_PERSISTENT0_AUTO_RESTART);

I believe though, that setting this bit is OK because it guarantees that the target
can be reset from a reset button or a watchdog reset even when powered from the battery.

Am I missing something? Otherwise I think this function should be renamed to
mxs_power_set_auto_restart().

Hector Palacios