[U-Boot] dfu: bConfigurationValue=2 makes download from windows fail

Egli, Samuel samuel.egli at siemens.com
Thu Jul 25 16:41:02 CEST 2013

Hi Lukasz,

your welcome.
>[...]
>

>From the very short glimpse, I can suspect that this was set to 2
>because of two supported functions (dfu and USB mass storage) at the
>g_dnl gadget.

Ok, but then bNumConfigurations would be set to 2 as well?
>However this needs more investigation. I will delve into the code and
>reply tomorrow with more details.

Ok.
>> In a
>> previous dfu implementation in U-Boot (v2011.09)  bConfigurationValue
>> was set to 1.
>
>I've checked out to v2011.09 u-boot and as fair as I see DFU was not
>implemented (in the mainline) then.
>
>The first posted by me dfu implementation was at
>http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-
>boot/129318/match=dfu+usb
>
>Am I missing something? Do you use some older patch, which is unknown to
>me?

Sorry. No, I wasn't very clear. We used U-Boot based on
2011.09_AM335xPSP_04.06.00.08 from arago-project. But know I cannot
find the patches on arago-project.org. If you want I can provide these
patches to you. But, we're sticking now to v2013.07 anyway.
>[...]

Best
 Sam