[U-Boot] Extract data file from U-Boot image

Guilherme Maciel Ferreira guilherme.maciel.ferreira at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 17:31:46 CEST 2013

Hi list,

I guess I'm not the first one who ever needed to retrieve data files
from multifile images, those create by mkimage tool. However, I could
just find scripts to do that (specially an old thread answered by
Wolfgang about dd).

I made a patch to allow mkimage to extract files from images, which
just works for multi-file image. But, the fact that nobody has ever
done this means that this feature is not desired in the tool?

IMHO, it is very convenient to have a C code to do that, specially for
embedded systems where scripting is noticeably slower than binary
code. Besides it requires 'dd' to extract and another tool to parse
file's offsets inside the image.

Comments?
--
Guilherme Maciel Ferreira
Mobile Brazil: +55 48 9904 3728 e +55 48 9134 4651