[U-Boot] [RFC] Remove static display data

Stephen Warren swarren at wwwdotorg.org
Fri Jul 26 16:49:13 CEST 2013

On 07/26/2013 08:42 AM, Stefano Babic wrote:
> On 26/07/2013 16:04, Eric Nelson wrote:
>> The real question we have regarding DT is the timing. We're shipping
>> DT files on secondary storage (SATA/SD card), and want/need something
>> local (i.e. env in SPI-NOR) to present a U/I if either no storage
>> available or if something goes wrong.
>
> ok, understood.

For Tegra (and I assume the similar Exynos support), the DTB that's used
by U-Boot is considered part of the U-Boot binary, so whatever loads
that into RAM also automatically picks up the DTB, so there's no need to
do any kind of storage access to retrieve it

Of course, the U-Boot code apparently supports other methods, such as
hard-coding a memory-mapped address etc.; take a lok at the DT-related
config options.

>> Is Tegra somehow using DT to configure U-Boot display?
>> I'm not finding the code.
>
> ./board/compal/dts/tegra20-paz00.dts seems doing that, but I have no
> experience with it ;(

Yes, that's working fine.