[U-Boot] Is it permissible to link stubs.o to a standalone application?

BAI Yingjie Yingjie.Bai at alcatel-sbell.com.cn
Mon Jul 29 07:53:25 CEST 2013

Hello,

We have made a small build called fpga_loader using 'standalone' approach provided by u-boot, it works well
after running 'go' command.

Please first refer this http://u-boot.10912.n7.nabble.com/U-Boot-How-to-get-GPL-free-standalone-programs-with-u-boot-td42180.html

We need to leave the fpga_loader build GPL free. So we include ' exports.h' which is in u-boot 'allowed' file list in our main.c,
but the way we using ' examples/standalone/stubs.c' is a little different.

Unlike ' examples/standalone/hello_world.c ', our build is compiled outside u-boot using another make system,
so we link 'stubs.o', which is generated by u-boot in advance, to our build.

According to the upper link, using of ' examples/standalone/stubs.c' is allowed.

But I'm not sure whether the use of 'stubs.o' is allowed.
So, is it permissible to link ' examples/standalone/stubs.o' to an outside build?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Bai Yingjie