[U-Boot] KVM on ARM Chromebook

Alexander Spyridakis a.spyridakis at virtualopensystems.com
Tue Jul 30 19:07:44 CEST 2013

Hello all,

Since there was much interest, as of late, to see KVM/ARM running on
Samsung's Exynos5250 Chromebook, and given the fact that we are not aware
of any current work done on this, we take the opportunity to inform you
that you can test KVM on the ARM Chromebook by following this guide:
http://www.virtualopensystems.com/media/chromebook/chromebook.pdf

The method used to boot a kernel in HYP mode is with a chained u-boot,
while the laptop is in developer mode. Parts of the work are based on v3 of
Andre Pryzawa's "Add HYP mode switching support" patch series.

Source code for a working u-boot for this purpose can be also found at:
https://github.com/virtualopensystems/u-boot

Please let us know of any comments.

Best regards.