[U-Boot] [Question][i.MX6q] Is it possible to configure and use the USB-OTG as EHCI host only?

Rafał Fabich rafal.fabich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 13:04:30 CET 2013

Hi All,

I am Rafal and this is my first post here, so I would like to say
hello to everyone :)

I have been using the Sabrelite board (i.MX6Q) from Boundary Devices
for some time and now I have been working on U-Boot. The code I use is
based on the mainline U-Boot.

The current implementation supports USB Host1 only, but I would like
to use OTG configured as host (I do not need support for device mode).
I wanted to implemet the lowest layer for the EHCI driver like it is
done for Host1 (in fact the offset of the USB controller's registers
set is different and few things like GPIOs) but it does not seem to
work. The result is that the U-Boot creates the EHCI hub, but no
device is detected on Port 1.
I am expecting something like "Port 1 Status 503 Change 1" but I get
"Port 1 Status 502 Change 0".

I suppose it is possible to use USG-OTG instead of Host1 as EHCI host
in U-Boot somehow. Is there something I am missing?

By the way, the device is connected via special adapter and the power
(5V) is provided to it.

Kind regards,
Rafal