[U-Boot] Upgrading PowerPC 4xx to v2013.01

tx co txcotrader at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 21:08:30 CET 2013

I've been tasked with porting U-Boot from v1.1.5 to v2013.01 for a custom
board based off PPC460SX (AMCC Eiger board which is no longer supported).
I'm trying to understand what's going on with my current setup. I'm able to
load the u-boot.bin and can see that it's in the correct address location.
But I'm running into problems when trying to debug using gdb.

After I telnet to my BDI2000, I can reset and see that I'm moving memory
locations with "ti" like so:
rare>i
    Core number       : 0
    Core state        : debug mode
    Debug entry cause : JTAG stop request
    Current PC        : 0xfffffffc
    Current CR        : 0x82ca2e28
    Current MSR       : 0x00000000
    Current LR        : 0xfffff18c
rare>ti
    Core number       : 0
    Core state        : debug mode
    Debug entry cause : single step
    Current PC        : 0xfffff000
    Current CR        : 0x82ca2e28
    Current MSR       : 0x00000000
    Current LR        : 0xfffff18c
rare>ti
    Core number       : 0
    Core state        : debug mode
    Debug entry cause : single step
    Current PC        : 0xfffff004
    Current CR        : 0x82ca2e28
    Current MSR       : 0x00000000
    Current LR        : 0xfffff18c
rare>ti
    Core number       : 0
    Core state        : debug mode
    Debug entry cause : single step
    Current PC        : 0xfffff008
    Current CR        : 0x82ca2e28
    Current MSR       : 0x00000000
    Current LR        : 0xfffff18c
rare>

 On the BDI, I've build gdb for the powerpc and added -ggdb as well as
-fno-schedule-insns -fno_schedule-insns2 #omit-frame-pointer -g to config.mk.