[U-Boot] [PULL] : Please pull u-boot-imx -- 3 build failures

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Wed Mar 13 23:26:54 CET 2013

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:29:55 +0100, Albert ARIBAUD
<albert.u.boot at aribaud.net> wrote:

> Hi Stefano,
>
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 09:43:46 +0100, Stefano Babic <sbabic at denx.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Albert,
> >
> > please pull from u-boot-imx, thanks. A question about the patch "ARM:
> > implement some Cortex-A9 errata workarounds"
> >
> > 	http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/223419/
> >
> > I read the general agreement about it, and I have applied 2/3, because
> > this is i.MX-related. However, the effect is worthless for i.MX6 until
> > 1/3 will be applied. I read before applying that you will merge it, but
> > I have not found it in arm-tree. Do you see any problem on it ? If you
> > do not plan to apply it, it is better I revert 2/3, else the errata will
> > not be set for i.MX6.
>
> Sorry -- I should have taken 1/3 and 2/3 and haven't yet. No worries,
> though: I'll take them in, then merge your tree; you don't need to
> revert 2/3, it'll merge properly anyway.

Regardless of applying the two patches above, there is a merge conflict
between u-boot-imx/master and u-boot-arm/master between:

- commit af73034c6ba131a93ed215098f43595637ef6ac3 ("led: Use
  STATUS_LED_ON and STATUS_LED_OFF when calling __led_set"), author
  Otavio Salvador <otavio at ossystems.com.br>, from the IMX tree, and

- commit 4f47aceb118b291831a603d7e6ca651d76bf88e0 ("led: The gpio_led.c
  code expects that LED state is from the enum"), author Holger Hans
  Peter Freyther <holger at freyther.de>, from the TI tree through the ARM
  tree.

Actually, both commits are functionally exactly the same, Otavio's one
being better only in that it causes smaller line widths.

I have merged the IMX tree with -Xtheirs so that the conflicts is
automatically resolved in favor of Otavio's version.

However, MAKEALL -a arm fails on three boards: nitrogen6s1g, with an
error, and nitrogen6dl2g and nitrogen6q2g, with a warning.

nitrogen6s1g:

nitrogen6x.c:89:17: error: 'CONFIG_DDR_MB' undeclared (first use in
this function)
nitrogen6x.c:89:17: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only
once for each function it appears in

nitrogen6dl2g and nitrogen6q2g:

nitrogen6x.c:89:38: warning: integer overflow in expression [-Woverflow]

These failures also happen on IMX ToT before merge. Stefano, can you
have a look? I can obviously not locate the actual faulty commit, as
support for these boards appears only in the very last commit of the IMX
branch.

> > Thanks,
> > Stefano

Amicalement,