[U-Boot] Beagle-XM: u-boot SPL fat support (was Re: [opensuse-arm] Beagleboard Xm CPU speed)

Nishanth Menon nm at ti.com
Tue Mar 19 18:01:06 CET 2013

Change in subject.
Original thread start:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-arm/2013-03/msg00076.html

On 17:15-20130319, Guillaume Gardet wrote:

> Le 19/03/2013 17:04, Nishanth Menon a écrit :
> >On 08:47-20130319, gary wrote:
> >>Just a FYI, here is the the boot text dumped to the serial port. It
> >>indicates a 1GHz max clock rate, but maybe that is just a
> >>"capability" of the board (as in a designation) and not a parameter
> >>that has been set.
> >>
> >>I see in the boot text there is a way to interrupt the automatic
> >>boot, which I presume is a way to set parameters. Could someone give
> >>me what such a line would look like for forcing the mpurate?
> >>
> >>---------------------------------------
> >>Texas Instruments X-Loader 1.5.0 (Sep  8 2012 - 02:21:18)
> >>Beagle xM
> >>Reading boot sector
> >>Error: reading boot sector
> >>fat load failed, trying ext2
> >Why are we still using old x-loader - we should be using SPL MLO from
> >u-boot master - it works straight on beagleXM.
>
> Our last tests with SPL and latest u-boot were unsuccessful! And we have to port ext2 support to it because we have no FAT partition.
Quote from an internal query I just did:
"There shouldn't be a
case where xM has memory that X-Loader works for that SPL did not.
There _may_ be a UART issue that needs work-arounding however.  And of
course if they used mainline they could pretty easily do RAW for
SPL/U-Boot.img and then do everything else with ext2/3/4 and ignore FAT.
"

I am ccying u-boot Mailing list to see how we can help.
--
Regards,
Nishanth Menon