[U-Boot] U-Boot mini-summit at ELCE 2013 in Edinburgh - call for participation!

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Mar 21 17:51:22 CET 2013

Hi fellow U-Boot developers,

people meeting us at our booth at the Embedded World trade show in
Nürnberg this year may already have heard rumours about it but now it is
official - there will be an U-Boot mini-summit at the Emdedd Linux
Conference Europe in Edinburgh, UK [1].

Thanks to the wonderful people at the Linux Foundation, we will have
some space in the afternoon of thursday 24th that we can use to present
and discuss topics of interest for the immediate future of the project.

Currently we believe that it makes sense to plan for 4-5 short talks in
the range of 20-30 minutes with following Q&A.  The audience will very
likely be "tech level" and the presentations are thus allowed to have
"indecent technical content" :)

Of course everybody is invited to suggest a presentation, but an
informal poll turned up these topics of interest:

- Driver model
- Kconfig
- Patman tutorial
- U-Boot configuration through device tree
- Falcon boot for everybody
- DFU
- Android fastboot

The organization of the mini-summit is up to our discretion and thus
somewhat less formal than the "regular" ELCE tracks, but we would like
to encourage people to also submit U-Boot related talks through the
regular CFP[2] if they are of wide interest.

Having agreed on our schedule, we will be able to get it included in the
official conference schedule and thus hopefully get a broader
visibility.  To make this work we should finalize our schedule around
the end of the official CFP which is July 21st, but of course the
sooner, the better.

Please inform us if you would like to attend in order to get an idea
of the expected presence.  If neccessary we will have to look for a
larger place early on.

Next to the official program I'm sure that we will be able to find a
place in the evening to taste local culinary specialities (in solid and
liquid form), so be sure to book your return flight no sooner than
friday evening ;)

Thanks
  Detlev

[1] http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference-europe
[2] http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference-europe/cfp

--
The only thing worse than generalizing from one example is generalizing
from no examples at all.