[U-Boot] [RFC] command/cache: Add flush_cache command

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Fri Mar 22 07:30:35 CET 2013

Hi Scott,

> Perhaps it could be, or the application could be altered to release
> secondary cores through the spin table.  I don't think that excuses a
> situation where some ways of putting a blob of bytes into RAM flush the
> cache (to the extent the architecture requires it for the blob of bytes
> to be executable) and others don't, and there's no way to do it
> manually.

AFAIU there is.

>  Would you remove the "go" command entirely?  I think that
> would be a mistake.

I do not see why you are talking about removing the "go" command. In
the 'worst' scenario (from an effort perspective), it would have to be
do a flush and possibly cache disable before branching to the payload;
in the 'best' scenario, it needs not be modified at all.

> -Scott

Amicalement,
--
Albert.