[U-Boot] imx28 secure boot

Ruud Commandeur RCommandeur at clb.nl
Fri Mar 22 13:15:49 CET 2013

Hi everyone,

This issue is more imx28 / ltib related, but here it goes:

If I build the u-boot from the ltib package and want to flash an SD-card
with the boot stream, I have the choice between imx28_uboot.sb and
imx28_ivt_uboot.sd (a HAB secured one). For the mx28evk, it only works
if I use the _ivt_ one, since HAB is per default enabled.

But now I take the mainline (u-boot-imx.git). The only bootstream output
is the uboot.sb, which is (I assume) not secured. So I tried to add this
code security without success, but then it appears that this bootstream
just works on the mx28evk.

This is not a real problem if things work, but can anyone explain to me
how this works?

Best regards,

Ruud Commandeur