[U-Boot] [RFC] command/cache: Add flush_cache command

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Mar 22 15:03:30 CET 2013

Dear Tom,

In message <514C4BE8.10508 at ti.com> you wrote:

> It seems like we're going around and around with one point not being
> addressed.  When using 'go', how do you know the size to flush?  And
> since Scott is talking about performance testing apps, the cache
> should not be disabled (unless we expect all standalone apps to enable
> the cache, in which case we need to provide something in the jump
> table to make that easy and document this change).

I also wonder about this. To me it appears much easier to use a
IH_TYPE_STANDALONE image, which 1) provides the needed size
information and 2) can be used with bootm, so the required additional
steps (flush caches, release CPU) can be handled in bootm
subcommands.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A positive attitude may not solve all  your  problems,  but  it  will
annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.      - Herm Albright