[U-Boot] Patch sets coming

Tom Rini trini at ti.com
Fri Mar 22 22:25:07 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:17:03PM +0100, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear York Sun,
>
> In message <514CC7B1.2070706 at freescale.com> you wrote:
> >
> > Will fix. I often found unsure about some warnings, not knowing if
> > u-boot follow exactly the same standard. Beside, some old patches may
> > pass checkpatch then but fails today.
>
> Well, you are supposed to run checkpatch _today_, before posting, and
> fix such issues.
>
> There may be a few cases where you intentionally ignore such fixes
> (like lines over 80 characters in tables of pin-muxc initializations,
> where wrapping the code would make it even worse to read), but such
> exceptions and your reasoning should be metioned in the comments.

To be clear, I know of 2 cases checkpatch.pl gets wrong today and I have
patches for both to push to correct this:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/228173/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/227717/

Aside from that, it's once again checkpatch is correct unless obviously
wrong (first patch for example) and we should fix .checkpatch.conf so it
stops being wrong.

--
Tom