[U-Boot] Splash Screen Enable in (u-boot-2013.01.01.tar.bz2) U-boot source code.

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 13:58:57 CET 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 3:16 AM,  <nandakumar.ramaswamy at pricoltech.com> wrote:

> Hello Jens,
>
> Thanks for your quick response.
>
> Actually I tried with U-Boot latest release (u-boot-2013.01.01.tar.bz2) also.But I am not able to see the SPLASH SCREEN.
> So, please share the SPLASH SCREEN image enable procedure for latest U-boot (u-boot-2013.01.01.tar.bz2) source code for i.mx53loco.

If you connect the CLAA WVGA panel to mx53loco, the penguin logo and
U-boot version will be displayed by default.

LVDS panel has not been added yet, and that should be a simple task.
Please refer to the mx53ard board in FSL U-boot:
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/uboot-imx.git/tree/board/freescale/mx53_ard/mx53_ard.c?h=imx_v2009.08

Basically you need to pass the LVDS display timings, setup the LVDS
clocks and register the LVDS panel with the correct color format.

And please post your patches to the list once you add the LVDS support :-)

Regards,

Fabio Estevam