[U-Boot] Handling images(.jpg, .bmp etc) in u-boot

Anatolij Gustschin agust at denx.de
Sun Mar 31 10:54:59 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 10:47:08 -0700 (PDT)
bhargavak <anur.bhargav at gmail.com> wrote:

> I created a partition in my eMMC, used fastboot to flash a "example.bmp"..
> How do I get the base address of the partition ?
>
> I have the following partitions on my device running android, has a u-boot
> bootloader
>
> U-Boot 1.1.4.XTRAVERSION-g6c554dbc-dirty (Mar 26 2013 - 14:26:11
> Load address: 0x80e80000
> DRAM: 512 MB
> Flash: 0 kB
> Using default environment
> In: serial
> Out: serial
> Err: serial
> efi partition table:
> ptbl slot:    EMMC:(1).
>       256     128K      xloader
>       512     3M         bootloader
>     6656     512K      splash
>     7680     128K      misc
>     8704     64M       efs
>  139776    16K        crypto
>  139808    16M        recovery
>  172576    8M          boot
>  188960    512M      system
> 1237536   256M      cache
> 1761824   128M      apk
> 2023968   2787M    userdata
>
> How do I get the base address of each partition,

you seem to have only one efi partition. What do you need the base
address for?

> I tried the following
> commands in u-boot but It either gives me an error or doesn't return
> anything
> 1. # flinfo
> Bank # 1: missing or unknown FLASH type
> Bank # 2: missing or unknown FLASH type

This command is for NOR-Flash info, so this output is expected.

> 2. fsinfo
> Device Hangs up
>
> 3. # fli
> Bank # 1: missing or unknown FLASH type
> Bank # 2: missing or unknown FLASH type
>
> Please help me find the base address of each of the partition.

For loading files from a partition you do not need to know its
base address. Use appropriate commands, "fatload" comes to mind.

HTH,

Anatolij