[U-Boot] Removing the need for boards.cfg

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Mon Aug 4 22:45:16 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 1 August 2014 12:31, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Masahiro,
>
> In message <20140801225339.D541.AA925319 at jp.panasonic.com> you wrote:
>>
>> It that case, can we skip generating boards.cfg ?
>> (We can get the board list by 'ls configs' )
>
> This would neither give all build target names no=r do the needed
> translation of names (like upper case -> lower case translations),
> etc.

Skipping in an optimised case doesn't buy us much. I normally want to
build 'sandbox' at least before I go ahead and build everything.

I suppose what I'm asking is whether there is a fast way for buildman
to detect all these fields without having to run 'make xxx_defconfig'
on every board. For example, a simple read and scan of a few config
files, or worse case a C preprocessor run?

Regards,
Simon