[U-Boot] Call for participation in the U-Boot Mini Summit 2014

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Tue Aug 12 02:45:22 CEST 2014

On Monday, August 11, 2014 at 11:08:48 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 05:48:02PM +0200, Przemyslaw Marczak wrote:
> > Hello Detlev,
> >
> > On 01/13/2014 06:12 PM, Detlev Zundel wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >as already indicated, we are looking forward to our next U-Boot Mini
> > >Summit at Embedded Linux Conference Europe 2014 which will take place in
> > >Düsseldorf, Germany from October 13 - 15.
> > >
> > >The call for papers of the main conference is now open[1] and if you
> > >want to submit a talk for the main tracks, you should note the deadline
> > >of July 11.
> > >
> > >For our U-Boot Mini Summit, I'd like to get the schedule completed
> > >synchronized to the schedule release of the main event, which is August
> > >12.  So please submit talk proposals here with at least me on CC.
> > >
> > >To coordinate the event better, I have setup another wiki page[2] that
> > >can and _should_ be edited by the interested parties.  Feel free for
> > >example to add yourself to the "interested participants" so that we get
> > >an idea of how many of the U-Boot developers will be there.
> > >
> > >Best wishes
> > >
> > >   Detlev
> > >
> > >[1]
> > >http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference-euro
> > >pe/program/cfp [2] http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/MiniSummitELCE2014
> >
> > Tomorrow is the last day of submitting the talk proposals for U-Boot
> > Mini Summit, but there was no response for your e-mail and also
> > there are no topics on the wiki site.
> >
> > So, will be there only an open discussion?
>
> I think there were a few other requests, off-list.  Also, we might want
> to extend the deadline slightly as talks for the main event were just
> accepted/rejected so folks are now sorting out if they can go or not.

Hi all,

I got my talk, "Secure and flexible boot with U-Boot bootloader", accepted for
the main track it seems. It's mostly about "use fitImage and use UBI on NAND"
kind of talk, which covers introduction to fitImage and storing system
components on UBI/UBIFS to prevent problems like silent data corruption on
modern systems.

That being said, I believe I won't be able to cover the fitImage verified boot
part properly, so I might as well cook a talk for the u-boot summit about this
advanced topic.

What do you think ?

Best regards,
Marek Vasut