[U-Boot] Call for participation in the U-Boot Mini Summit 2014

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Tue Aug 12 02:49:26 CEST 2014

On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 02:02:55 AM, Masahiro YAMADA wrote:
> Hi.

Hey, it's been a while :)

> > I think there were a few other requests, off-list.  Also, we might want
> > to extend the deadline slightly as talks for the main event were just
> > accepted/rejected so folks are now sorting out if they can go or not.
>
> I will be in U-Boot mini summit 2014.
> I am thinking about giving a talk on Kbuild and Kconfig.
>
> Kbuild - I think it is already stable enough, but I'd like to
> have a quick review of the big change we had in U-Boot
> in the past year.
>
> Kconfig - We have just switched to Kconfig.  I will explain
> how Kconfig was adjusted for U-Boot and why the current approach
> was chosen and then what will happen in the next phase.

I absolutelly agree, this is a big topic and it should be certainly covered.
Thank you for taking this up !

> BTW, I am not good at talking. Nor am I good at English.
> (I hope my presentation won't be a disaster...)

It's pretty OK, don't worry :)

> But I'd like to challenge a new thing.
> Could you bear with me during a 20min slot?

If this was up to me, I'd be really happy if you got one slot for each of the
topics ;-)

> Marek, thanks for pushing me to do it!

Not sure what I did, but you're welcome ;-)

Best regards,
Marek Vasut