[U-Boot] Call for participation in the U-Boot Mini Summit 2014

Lukasz Majewski l.majewski at samsung.com
Tue Aug 12 09:23:50 CEST 2014

Dear All,

> Hi,
>
> as already indicated, we are looking forward to our next U-Boot Mini
> Summit at Embedded Linux Conference Europe 2014 which will take place
> in Düsseldorf, Germany from October 13 - 15.
>
> The call for papers of the main conference is now open[1] and if you
> want to submit a talk for the main tracks, you should note the
> deadline of July 11.
>
> For our U-Boot Mini Summit, I'd like to get the schedule completed
> synchronized to the schedule release of the main event, which is
> August 12.  So please submit talk proposals here with at least me on
> CC.
>
> To coordinate the event better, I have setup another wiki page[2] that
> can and _should_ be edited by the interested parties.  Feel free for
> example to add yourself to the "interested participants" so that we
> get an idea of how many of the U-Boot developers will be there.
>
> Best wishes
>   Detlev
>
> [1]
> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/embedded-linux-conference-europe/program/cfp
> [2] http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/MiniSummitELCE2014

I'd like to share with the u-boot mailing list the proposal of my talk
for u-boot's Mini summit in the ELCE2014.

__Mainline u-boot for Tizen 3.0 - “war story”__

Abstract:

Utilization of u-boot bootloader at Samsung's Linux powered platforms
has a long history.  For Tizen 3.0 the reference devices for mobile
profile (RD_PQ and Odroid U3/X2) are due to run with u-boot developed
with open source philosophy applied. It means that the code was
developed, reviewed and tested first in the open source and then
reused in Tizen.

Introduced changes to mainline code were minimal and only necessary for
assuring backward compatibility. In his presentation Lukasz will
briefly cover history and future plans of u-boot development for Tizen
(as e.g. ongoing work on single binary for Odroid U3 and M0), explain
key aspects of persuading community to accept solutions tunned for
mobile devices, present remarkable u-boot's “war stories” and give a
handful of tips for successful cooperation with community.

I would need around 25 minutes for talk and 5 more for discussion.

Any comments appreciated :-).

Lukasz Majewski

Samsung R&D Institute Poland (SRPOL) | Linux Platform Group