[U-Boot] SPL broken on i.mx31 platforms

Helmut Raiger helmut.raiger at hale.at
Wed Aug 13 14:01:31 CEST 2014

On 08/05/2014 02:32 PM, Magnus Lilja wrote:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> On 5 August 2014 14:28, Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Magnus,
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Magnus Lilja <lilja.magnus at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have now done some tests on i.MX31 PDK:
>>> * v2013.04 and v2014.04 works
>>> * v2014.07 and "tip of tree as of this mail" does not work
>>>
>>> To make it work (both v2014.07 and tip of tree) I only have to change
>>> the "ldr pc, _reset" to "b reset". I do not have to apply the nop-part
>>> of the patch.
>> Could you please submit this change as a formal patch to the list?
>> Please Cc Albert Aribaud on it.
> I would expect Helmut to create a formal patch then I can test that
> and add a Tested-by.

The problem is it does not work with only the 'b reset' change on my
platform.
Should I provide a patch with the nops and the question marks around them?
It still could be a toolchain difference, mine is pretty old:

$ arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc --version
arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc (GCC) 4.7.2

When I objdump the elf file I can see the very same code in
cpu_init_crit() as in start.S,
whatever that might mean (objdump is from the same toolchain).

>>> On a different note I noticed that I received a warning that the PDK
>>> board does not use "generic board", I will try to fix this but I don't
>>> know how much work that is and when I can submit a patch.
>> Just add "#define CONFIG_SYS_GENERIC_BOARD" into the board config file
>> and give it a try.
>>
>> If it works, please send this patch as well (with Stefano Babic on Cc).
> That I can do.
>
> Regards, Magnus

I tested the CONFIG_SYS_GENERIC_BOARD on TT-01 and it works fine.

Helmut

--
Scanned by MailScanner.