[U-Boot] Passing bootargs to arm64 kernel

Arnab Basu arnab.basu at freescale.com
Thu Aug 14 11:27:21 CEST 2014

On 08/14/2014 08:04 AM, Youngmin Nam wrote:
> Thank you for reply Tom,
> Let me ask you some questions.
>
> Can we set kernel's bootargs without re-compiling device tree on arm64
> kernel by u-boot?
>
> I mean, I want to set kernel's bootargs by u-boot without re-compiling
> device tree.
>
> Is it possible?

This is done anyway, whatever is defined in CONFIG_BOOTARGS will be
stored in the U-Boot environment variable bootargs and passed as
bootargs to the kernel via the "chosen" node.

See fdt_chosen in common/fdt-support.c.

So if you want the change the bootargs passed to the kernel, just do

> set bootargs '<whatever you want in bootargs>'

at the u-boot prompt and the boot the kernel.

Thanks
Arnab