[U-Boot] DFU to MMC #1

Tamás Bondár public at tamasbondar.info
Mon Aug 18 23:29:28 CEST 2014

Hi Lukasz,

I'm not sure what to check. Could you specify it more exactly? I'm
quite sure that on the BeagleBone Black MMC0 is the SD card and MMC1 is
the eMMC.

I'm not familiar with the U-Boot source code, but what I was trying to
point out is that the <dev> parameter from the dfu command might be
ignored by the writing routine:

1) This is the usage of the dfu command:

dfu <USB_controller> <interface> <dev> [list]

2) So, this command should write to MMC1:

U-Boot# dfu 0 mmc 1

3) But the output of the command above indicates writing to MMC0:

MMC write: dev # 0, block # 63, count 762 ... 762 blocks write: OK

In accordance to the message above the SD card (MMC0) was overwritten.
Let me know how I can help to sort this out.

Thanks,
-Tamás