[U-Boot] SPL broken on i.mx31 platforms

Benoît Thébaudeau benoit.thebaudeau.dev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 22:55:11 CEST 2014

Hi Magnus, all,

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Magnus Lilja <lilja.magnus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 13 August 2014 14:01, Helmut Raiger <helmut.raiger at hale.at> wrote:
>> On 08/05/2014 02:32 PM, Magnus Lilja wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Fabio,

>>> I would expect Helmut to create a formal patch then I can test that
>>> and add a Tested-by.
>>>
>> The problem is it does not work with only the 'b reset' change on my
>> platform.
>> Should I provide a patch with the nops and the question marks around them?
>> It still could be a toolchain difference, mine is pretty old:
>>
>> $ arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc --version
>> arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc (GCC) 4.7.2
>> Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>>
>> When I objdump the elf file I can see the very same code in cpu_init_crit()
>> as in start.S,
>> whatever that might mean (objdump is from the same toolchain).
>
> I use an even older gcc so I don't think that's the problem. I use:
> arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc (Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2011.09-70) 4.6.1
>
> Not sure how you should proceed with the path.

IMHO, the 'b reset' and the 'nop nop nop' are two different issues, so
Helmut should create a formal patch for the 'b reset' issue right now,
which will fix mx31pdk (and maybe other boards) for the release. Then,
once the 'nop nop nop' issue has been resolved for TT-01 (cache issue
or something else), another formal patch should be created for this
issue, unless it is purely out of tree.

Albert, Fabio, what do you think?

Best regards,
Benoît