[U-Boot] Treat warnings different from errors in buildman?

Daniel Schwierzeck daniel.schwierzeck at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 11:01:52 CEST 2014

Hi Tom,

On 21.08.2014 18:53, Tom Rini wrote:
> Hey,
>
> So as I migrate scripts over to buildman, one issue I have is that
> today warning and errors are treated the same:
> u-boot (master)$ ./tools/buildman/buildman -b master -c 1 -ve -T 1 -j 9 'arc|blackfin|microblaze|m68k|nds32|sparc|x86|aarch64|sandbox|mips' -s
> Summary of 1 commit for 128 boards (1 thread, 9 jobs per thread)
> 01: git-mailrc: add patman and buildman alias
>       mips: +   pb1000 dbau1550_el qemu_mipsel maltael
>      sparc: +   grsim_leon2 gr_cpci_ax2000 gr_ep2s60 grsim gr_xc3s_1500
>        arc: +   tb100 arcangel4-be axs101 arcangel4
>    sandbox: +   sandbox
>
> mips is the mipsel libgcc thing, I need to see if eldk5.5 behaves
> better than 5.2.1 in that regard and passing or setting
> CONFIG_USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes.

ELDK-5.5 doesn't behave better. You will always need
CONFIG_USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes to build all MIPS boards at once and if
you don't have a full multilib toolchain. I'm still wondering why
Wolfgang decided long time ago, that U-Boot should rely on the
toolchain's libgcc and not use its own variant like the kernel does.

--
- Daniel