[U-Boot] Bare x86 support is merged to u-boot-x86

Bin Meng bmeng.cn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 05:38:20 CET 2014

Hi Bruce,

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 4:28 AM,  <Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com> wrote:
> Simon,
>
>> From: Simon Glass <sjg at chromium.org>
>> To: Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
>> boot at lists.denx.de>, u-boot-bounces at lists.denx.de, Bin Meng
>> <bmeng.cn at gmail.com>
>> Date: 12/01/2014 12:14 PM
>> Subject: Re: [U-Boot] Bare x86 support is merged to u-boot-x86
>> Sent by: sjg at google.com
>>
>> +Bin
>>
>> Hi Bruce,
>>
>> On 1 December 2014 at 12:33,  <Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com> wrote:
>> > Hi Simon and Bin,

>> > This is awesome!  Thanks so much for the work you two have done on this.
>> > We've been using u-boot on our PPC platforms for years and love it.
>> > We're
>> > considering moving to an Atom processor and wanted to continue to use
>> > u-boot, but were worried about getting it up and running with the FSL
>> > from
>> > Intel so we haven't made the jump yet.  This is going to be a hugeleg up
>> > in
>> > my argument for actually getting that project off the ground.  If we do,
>> > I'll be sure to be pushing out any work we do that isn't in the
>> > mainline.
>> >
>> > Thanks again guys!
>>
>> Sounds good! What Atom are you using? It might be the same one as Bin.
>
> Not sure yet.  We had originally settled on the first one Intel put out, but
> since we've waited so long and we're not locked in by design yet, we'll
> probably pick a newer generation.  Our products tend to be in service for a
> long time (upwards of 20 years) so we like to get as cutting edge as we can
> without losing a finger :)

I am currently working on patches to support Intel Atom E6xx with
Platform Controller Hub EG20T. This Atom platform aims at the embedded
market. More newer Atom would be Bay Trail, which is an SoC and I
believe Simon is going to support that platform once he gets a board.
The latest Atom would be Braswell. If Intel keeps open for the chipset
datasheet, I think we can try to support that too. We will see.

Regards,
Bin