[U-Boot] U-Boot on nyan-big via legacy boot

SimonH simon.hoinkis at codethink.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 19:19:42 CET 2014

Hi Simon,

On 04/12/14 15:53, Simon Glass wrote:
 >> [715.979284 HC 0xd2]
 >
 > This is a reboot command - EC_CMD_REBOOT_EC. I wonder how/why your
 > U-Boot might issue that command?

 From my investigation, Coreboot is issuing this reboot command, because
the Coreboot payload (which in my case is U-Boot) for some reason isn't
valid. With CONFIG_PANIC_HANG defined there is no UART output from the
EC at all.
Is a prepended SPL needed before the U-Boot+DTB payload?

When flashing U-Boot from the Chromium OS branch it gives some UART
output but freezes because SPI and MMC driver are not working properly
("emerge-nyan chromeos-u-boot").
Is this the best starting point to develop a working U-Boot?

Regards,
Simon