[U-Boot] Booting imx6 board via USB-OTG and SPL

Nikolay Dimitrov picmaster at mail.bg
Tue Dec 16 23:51:29 CET 2014

Hi guys,

When booting a fresh imx6 board via USB-OTG, the SPL is kinda useless
for bootstrapping my board when the SPI NOR is empty and u-boot.img
payload is not available.

I currently use a non-SPL U-Boot to prepare my boards after
manufacturing (write fuses & SPI NOR), but do you see a better way to
boot SPL+u-boot.img via OTG?

The reason I'm asking this is that I'm currently using a SPL-enabled
U-Boot as the production boot-loader, and having to support 2 versions
is non-optimal, so I'm looking for a better solution.

Thanks in advance. Regards,
Nikolay