[U-Boot] L2 cache and LCD on sunxi

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Dec 22 17:45:05 CET 2014

Hi,

On 21-12-14 19:52, Simon Glass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran up a banana PI and noticed that HDMI works in U-Boot. Great!
>
> Scrolling seems very slow though - is the L2 cache disabled perhaps?

I don't think so, but it could be, I think the scrolling code is just
very inefficient. Feel free to poke things a bit around this, ARM
cache management is not my forte.

> Also are there instructions for getting an LCD running in U-Boot? I
> have an Olimex A20-OLinuxion-MICRO (what a mouthful!) with a 7 inch
> display if that matters. I can't find any useful information so far.

He he, your in luck I've been working on LCD support the last few days,
and I just got the olimex 7" lcd running on olimex boards :)

If you use my current wip tree:

https://github.com/jwrdegoede/u-boot-sunxi/tree/sunxi-wip

And build for the A20-OLinuXino_MICRO-lcd7_defconfig things should
just work, assuming you are using the standard olimex 7" lcd with
a standard 40 pins pata cable.

Note in order for the kernel to take over the fb you need a small
kernel patch on top of 3.19, I've attached the patch.

Regards,

Hans