[U-Boot] POST Memory Test Problem

Allan Fislor allan.fislor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 18:50:50 CET 2014

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Allan,
>
> In message <CAFxMsXy9jXw9k_LgBbc7Hen66iYvk0kTfOAmb41wV4NzK7vw+w at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> Im using a Freescale QorIQ P1020 custom board, booting from serial NOR
>> flash (SPI), U-Boot 2014.10.
>> Im afraid that this test is hiding another errors, because its testing
>> the whole DDR range. And in post/tests.c the flag POST_ROM is set, but
>
> I don't think so.  I thiunk you're just misusing the test.
>
>> booting from NOR flash SPI we are in DDR since the beginning.
>
> In case it is not obvious: you cannot run a memory test on the memory
> you are running from.  You must make sure to run the POST memory test
> _before_ relocation to RAM.

So, is there an easy way to fix it when booting from NOR flash SPI? I
thought only enabling it in the config file was enough.

I changed POST_ROM to POST_RAM in post/tests.c, but I dont know if
this is secure. In the past we executed mtest in the middle of DDR.

Our company says that is mandatory the DDR test in initialization...