[U-Boot] [Patman Bug Report] Patman breaks git-log during git-rebase

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Tue Jun 3 04:28:48 CEST 2014

Hi Masahiro,

On 2 June 2014 01:44, Masahiro Yamada <yamada.m at jp.panasonic.com> wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> I found an odd behavior of Patman.
>
> If I run Patman during "git rebase -i",
> Patman rewrites git-log, stripping all the Patman-tags.
> (I lost some important tags such as "Series-changes".)
>
> I think git-log should be read-only during Patman operation.
> I can't understand why Patman needs to directly edit git-log.
> Is this a fixable problem?

Probably you shouldn't do that. For me patman normally complains that
it can't find patches to process, and stops.

Can you give me the repeat steps? I think I have seen this before but
I'm not sure how to make it.

Also, patman never edits commits. I wonder if patman is moving you to
the wrong commit somehow. Try 'git reflog' to find something to get
back to.

Regards,
Simon