[U-Boot] kernel splash customisation after u-boot splash

Kiran G kiran at gadgeon.com
Mon Jun 2 11:19:36 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am working on an embedded project where  I need to set a single
consistent splash screen during u-boot,kernel and init phases. I have
completed the u-boot part.

Now I want to configure linux in such  a way that,  it doesn't override
the splash created by u-boot. So u-boot splash persists until init phase.

Please see the reply to my SO query
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23934379/linux-boot-disable-display-framebuffer-update?noredirect=1#comment36876464_23934379>
. sawdust <http://stackoverflow.com/users/1599004/sawdust> says that I
need to make u-boot initialise the framebuffer  at a memory location
which will not be reinitialized during kernel boot. Is that possible?
Can someone explain this?

Or is there is another way to accomplish this, please let me know.

Kiran