[U-Boot] [ANNOUNCE] U-Boot driver model repo

Simon Glass sjg at chromium.org
Fri Jun 6 03:14:03 CEST 2014

Hi,

We now have a separate driver model tree at
http://git.denx.de/u-boot-dm.git. This will be used to stage driver
model patches. There is of course some overlap between these and
architecture-specific and subsystem patches so it is not completely
clear-cut whether patches will go through dm, arm, usb, etc. This will
be worked out as time passes.

I will follow the workflow at http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/CustodianGitTrees

In particular there may be a 'testing' branch from time to time with
the latest state of patches posted to the mailing list.

My initial focus is to enable GPIO and serial uclasses, and encourage
others to contribute patches to convert drivers over to this ready for
the next release. My approach will be incremental so I am particularly
interested in patches which advance particular boards, rather than
glorious new frameworks that may be pressed into service in the
indefinite future. All new uclasses should include comprehensive test
cases - you should be able to follow the examples pretty easily.

Also please note that my availability is highly variable so I cannot
promise any particular response delay at present (sorry). Should this
become a problem we can appoint another maintainer!

You can use the 'dm:' prefix for driver model patches - please also
add other tags as appropriate - e.g. 'dm: exynos:' or 'dm: net'.
Thanks in advance for contributions.

Regards,
Simon