[U-Boot] u-boot limitation if any.

Albert ARIBAUD albert.u.boot at aribaud.net
Mon Jun 9 19:31:53 CEST 2014

Hi mazen.e,

On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 09:40:31 -0700 (PDT), "mazen.e"
<mazen.ezzeddine at gmail.com> wrote:

> Undoubtedly u-boot is very powerful and feature-rich bootloader. However,
> does it have any limitation? In other words what features if included to
> u-boot current functionality would result in a better efficiency in terms of
> performance, power,security,portability, boot-time,  or any other criteria.
>
> I actually was writing a small research report about u-boot but could not
> identify any limitation to include :).

A few shortcomings off the top of my head:

- doesn't do windows;

- doesn't brew coffee;

- doesn't automatically detect sarcasm (so much for the US Secret
  Service).

Seriously, though: as long as you don't set some kind of expectations,
there is no way you can tell whether something meets them or not. So
what are your expectations -- what do you expect U-Boot to do?

If you don't know what to expect, but your research is about more than
one bootloader, then at least you can gather all the features of all
bootloaders, then for each feature, check which bootloader supports
it. That will give you at least relative limitations.

> Many thanks.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.