[U-Boot] Aristeus: New Board using I.MX6 and next steps

John Reep john.reep at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:02:54 CEST 2014

To the U Boot Mailing list:

  I have been working for several months as a side project on an I.MX6Q
implementation.  Based on other work I am doing, I chose the COM Express
standard as the form factor.  Given the small size of the MX6 compared to
the standard, I was able to add several peripherals to the board design
(namely a PCIe Switch, a USB Hub, Ethernet Physical layer, and a Video
DAC).  I am expecting the module's in this week. I have recently been
looking back at the U boot README as well as some of the support work that
I have done in the last month in preparation for the prototypes.  The
prototypes still need to be checked out etc before moving forward but the
confidence level is very high based on all of the Freescale and other
documentation that exists.

  Once I have checked out the hardware and have a stable U boot board
configuration built (mainly based on the SABRE SDP package),  I am
uncertain to the next steps.  I have been following the mailing list for
some time and have kept track of several ARM projects that are out there.
 I know that I will need to check the work, form a patch, etc.  I want to
make the transition as easy as possible for everyone else and recognize
there is probably a lot of work left to build a proper patch and
documentation.  However, any assistance or way ahead other than what's in
the README would be greatly appreciated.

R,
John