[U-Boot] Non-secure switch in U-boot

Thomas.Betker at rohde-schwarz.com Thomas.Betker at rohde-schwarz.com
Thu Jun 12 17:18:22 CEST 2014

Hello Shabir:

> I am working on Xilinx's zynq zc702 board on which i am trying to boot
> U-boot in Non-secure state, but unfortunately i am not making it boot,
> through ARM DS-5 debugger, i traced the code flow, once booting process
> enters into NS world abort is taking place. Do i need to set up any
stacks
> for NS world ? How it retrieves secure contents and continue booting
from
> where secure boot lefts?
>
> Please me help i got strucked with this problem.

I am missing some details here. I am assuming that you use Xilinx' FSBL,
which in turn starts u-boot (from SD card). Your FSBL is encrypted (as
required for secure boot), and u-boot may or may not be encrypted. Is all
this correct?

As far as I know, u-boot shouldn't see any difference between secure and
non-secure boot then; the binary that is run after decryption is the same
as the unencrypted binary.

My guess would be that either your FSBL is not encrypted, or something
else went wrong when generating and installing the boot image.

Best regards,
Thomas Betker