[U-Boot] U-boot hangs on imx6 pci driver

Marek Vasut marex at denx.de
Fri Jun 20 02:22:34 CEST 2014

On Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 04:14:20 PM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 1:35 AM, Tim Harvey <tharvey at gateworks.com> wrote:
> > Fabio,
> >
> > Good catch, but that doesn't resolve the issue i'm seeing here.
> >
> > Any other ideas?
>
> Do you still have issues after applying David's delay workaround?

Yes

Again, apologies for the late reply.

> On my mx6qsabresd I noticed that:
>
> - if U-boot has PCI driver enabled, then kernel hangs 100% of time.

That's because the PCIe core and PCIe PIPE PHY are not properly restarted. Do we
have any software way to put the PCIe core to an initial state ? Same pro PIPE
PHY ?

> - if U-boot does not have PCI driver enabled, then the kernel boots
> but does not detect my PCI card.

Well, that's some other shitness. I can get MX6SabreSDP to detect my card, but I
have that 1-out-of-200 "phy link never came up" problem.

> After applying David's workaround I can boot the kernel with PCI
> driver enabled in U-boot and the kernel does detect the PCI Wifi
> module.

OK. Even with David's patch or with FSL supplied patches, I still have the 1-
out-of-200 failure case :-/

Best regards,
Marek Vasut