[U-Boot] [YBA] mx28evk.h CONFIG_EHCI_MXS_PORT0 power?

Jonathan Ben Avraham yba at tkos.co.il
Wed Jun 25 19:14:24 CEST 2014

Dear colleagues,
When I configure mx28evk with CONFIG_EHCI_MXS_PORT0 instead of the
default CONFIG_EHCI_MXS_PORT1, and run on an i.MX28 EVK PCB REV D, and
do "start usb" at the prompt, then ehci_set_usbmode(0) (to set host
mode) is called but there is no 5V output on the micro-usb connector and
so the attached storage device is not detected.

When I use CONFIG_EHCI_MXS_PORT1 the storage device receives 5V and U-Boot
detects it.

In Linux 3.13.9 with "dr_mode = host" in the usb0 DTS config, the
micro-usb connector receives 5V and the storage device is detected, so I
know that the hardware is configured correctly and works.

Where should I look to debug the power configuration for usb0?
TIA,

  - yba

--
  9590 8E58 D30D 1660 C349  673D B205 4FC4 B8F5 B7F9  ~. .~  Tk Open Systems
=}-------- Jonathan Ben-Avraham ("yba") ----------ooO--U--Ooo------------{=