[U-Boot] Question about dynamic gpmc timings

Chase Lambert lambertc at mit.edu
Sat Jun 28 01:49:47 CEST 2014

Hello!

I'm working on a product that has two different NAND devices, each with
different timings. I'd like to have the products with the faster NAND keep
the faster timings, while still supporting the slower NAND.

I'm currently using x-loader instead of U-Boot's spl, so
omap3/spl_id_nand.c is not being included.

The solutions I've come up with to solve this sound messy. Here's the best
of them; can someone think of a better way, or is this reasonable?

Take out the "ifdef CONFIG_SPL_BUILD" in the omap3/Makefile for
spl_id_nand.c. Modify omap3/mem.c, to use identify_nand_chip from
spl_id_nand.c, check if it's the faster chip, and set the gpmc registers to
faster config timings if it's the faster chip.

The messy part here is that the file has "spl" in the name, and this is not
being used for spl functionality. I'd like to change the code as little as
possible to stay close to U-Boot's main fork.

Thanks for the help!
Chase