[U-Boot] FSL eSPI driver is a mess, hack attached.

Michael Walle michael at walle.cc
Fri Mar 14 22:45:20 CET 2014

Am Freitag, 14. März 2014, 10:46:26 schrieb Joakim Tjernlund:
> The fsl_espi.c is wreck w.r.t large TX data.
> Below is what I had to hack to load a FPGA over SPI and
> what is the malloc hack good for? This does not work
> well for TXing several MB data.
>
> The driver needs to be rewritten and I do not have the
> time so I post what I got in the hope it can help someone
> else or trigger a rewrite.

although this is a bit harsh, i'm inclined to agree. last time i tried this
driver, apart from reading from a spi flash, nothing else was working. even a
spi unlock was broken. if you actually capture the spi pins on a scope you see
that mostly garbage is transmitted in some cases (eg. using the raw spi
commands on the cli). fun fact: the spi unlock actually resulted in a spi lock
;)

i guess freescale haven't put much love into this one ;)

-michael