[U-Boot] Relocation

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 17 14:12:00 CET 2014

Dear TigerLiu at via-alliance.com,

In message <FE7ADED5C2218B4786C09CD97DC4C49FE20DA6 at exchbj02.viatech.com.bj> you wrote:

> >You used the correct phrase: it seemed.  Except that you broke a
> >number of really important things.  If you do not understand what
> >rlocation is needed for, then please gop back and read it in the
> >archives.  This has been discussed many times before.
>
> For example:
> Most ARM SOC platform has BL1 code(Boot Stage 1) before U-boot.
> So, usually BL1 code could load U-boot.bin to DRAM's dedicated location.

No, it cannot, as the target address depends on a lot of things,
including (depending on your config options) contents of some
environment variables which may even change from one boot to the next,
so the target address is not know in advance.

> So, U-boot need not be relocated again in this case.

Yes, it does.  All this has been explained again and again in the
past, and I really would like to ask you to read this in the archives
instead of trying to reanimate this dead horse for the N+1th time.

Thanks.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The past is not dead. In fact, it's not even past.  - William Faulkner