[U-Boot] Running mx6qsabrelite at 1Gz with Freescale kernel rel_imx_3.0.35_4.1.0

tbultel at free.fr tbultel at free.fr
Tue Mar 18 12:28:30 CET 2014

Hi,

I am working on a board (AMOS820 from Via) based on the mx6qsabrelite.

The BSP provided by the manufacturer is quite old.
I managed to port it from Freescale uboot-imx rel_imx_3.0.35_4.1.0 to u-boot
mainline, and basically the latest issue I have is the cpu frequency.

The kernel I use is the rel_imx_3.0.35_4.1.0 as well (same tag name)

With the old u-boot, it runs at 1Ghz because the BSP explicitly has a call to

clk_config(CONFIG_REF_CLK_FREQ, 1000, CPU_CLK);

With the new u-boot, it runs at default freq which is 800Mhz (at least, what I
guess from the Bogomips because no other log says it)
I have attempted to pass "arm_freq=1000" to the boot args but that does not
change anything.

My concern is that clk_config does not seem to be available anymore, there is
get_mcu_main_clk but no set routine.

I wonder if it is intentional, I could write a set routine but I wonder if it
could be accepted as a patch.
What it your advice about it ?

Regards
Thierry