[U-Boot] Antw: Re: U-Boot doesn't silent the output

Andrew Murray amurray at embedded-bits.co.uk
Tue Mar 18 15:28:52 CET 2014

On 18 March 2014 14:17, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Andrew,
>
> In message <CAPcvp5EkXdB_Y16SYM7x2cLN67hBG4jt8jkoS7n8+fsD8dRBJg at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> However I would argue that using the 'silent' feature isn't the correct way
>> to achieve it. If a user depends on having a console completely free then
>> they probably shouldn't add a 'console=xyz' to their boot args in the first
>> place.
>
> Even if it is "console=null" ?

If it is 'console=null' (which as you point out would be sensible),
then the existing 'silent' feature will change that to 'console='
(which shouldn't ought to make a difference anyway).

Where a user has 'console=null' in their bootargs, then my console
would turn that into 'console=null loglevel=1' rather that the present
which would be 'console='.

Thanks,

Andrew Murray