[U-Boot] Need some help setting default DRAM clock to a lower value

Ratin ratin3 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 18:58:56 CET 2014

Hi I am working on a project with cubie2 boards loading linux (Patricks nand
boot loader patch, and kernel 3.3.0+ and ubuntu linaro 13.04 distro). I have
met with stability issues (lock-up) and as I dug deeper, a number of other
people have also complained about lockup issue relating to high DRAM clock
(480 Mhz), as mentioned here

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cubieboard/9WMBFAL7JBE

and here:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/linux-sunxi/hw0yyWFVYgM

As mentioend, a lower value of DRAM clock seems to fix the problem, however I
am not finding a way to do this (I am booting from NAND). I have edited
script.bin, but it does not read the changed values. I also compiled a new
boot.axf after putting 384Mhz values in the file
boot1/core/start/eCon2_Start.c

    default_clock = eGon2_clock_set(0, 384);
    default_clock = 384;

but to no avail as I moved the boot.axf file over, no change. I noticed
binaries from core gets compiled into a boot1_nand.bin file, how is this used
in the nand boot loading process?

I am working with the lichee-a20-dev branch.

Can anybody help? Thanks