[U-Boot] NAND SPL on imx6

Tim Harvey tharvey at gateworks.com
Thu Mar 27 18:56:12 CET 2014

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Stefano Babic <sbabic at denx.de> wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> On 07/03/2014 13:36, Andy Ng wrote:
>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> Has anyone tried to build NAND SPL support on imx6. Does it work?
>>

> SPL support is not yet done for i.MXes - definetely, it is one of the
> most important features we want to have in future.
>
> Best regards,
> Stefano Babic

Stefano,

I'm working on this for the Gateworks Ventana product family. While I
have our boards currently booting from NAND SPL with various mixes of
CPU and memory configuration I'm still working on some minor issues
needed for my patches to be acceptable upstream based on prior
attempts at IMX SPL and resulting discussions.

Just to make sure I'm on track here, these are the following patches I
currently have the series I'm working on:
1. SPL: NAND: add support for mxs nand
2. MX6: add boot device structs and functions
3. MX6: provide basic SPL support (linker script, header with common
SPL configs)
4. MX6: add structs and functions for mmdc iomux and dram config
5. MX6: add some macro foo to allow both MX6Q and MX6DL IOMUX
6. board support utilizing the above

Items 4 and 5 above are the ones that I'm still working on and I'm
hoping to have patches to post within a few days to a week.  Does the
above make sense to you?

Thanks,

Tim